"In words, like weeds, I'll wrap me o'er,
Like coarsest clothes against the cold"

—Tennyson

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Friday, July 29, 2011

Isaiah ran away from home today. Barefoot. He took Charlotte with him; pushing her in the stroller (also barefoot). I had sent them into the fenced backyard to eat an afternoon popsicle while I made dinner. A few minutes later when I didn't hear the usual teasing, fighting, and screaming, I went outside to check on them. I could tell they were gone. I ran to the front yard, to both of the neighbors. They were gone. I went to the sidewalk and peered down the entire block, and there I spotted a small child and a stroller. I figured they had to be mine, but I couldn't tell if they were across the street, in the middle of the road, or just at the end of the block. I started running. I went past a couple sitting on their steps enjoying the hilarity of the whole thing. Isaiah started running, pushing happy Charlotte further down the block. Finally I caught up to them and gave Isaiah a talking to. You're not to run away, you're not to go on walks without asking, you're not to leave and not tell me. Isaiah laughed all the way home. He was proud of himself and his little escapade.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Fisher said...

That is a frightening story. I bet your heart was in your throat when you couldn't see them. I think I would have been mad at Isiah for scaring me so. And I can see Charlotte enjoying being a partner in crime.